Steve has 40+ years experience in the insurance industry, having started his career in his father’s insurance agency as a 3rd generation broker. Stephen opened his firm in 1996 after working for local, regional and national insurance brokers.
30+ years of working with trust fund clients and 25+ years with labor unions and employer organizations.
- Partner, Jones Horn Insurance Brokers
- COO Sedgwick James (San Francisco office)
- President, Calco Insurance Brokers & Agents Designations: Associate in Risk Management, Accredited Advisor in Insurance
- Author of Essentials of Risk Management, Multiple–Lines Insurance Production, and Commercial Insurance
- Contributing author Agency Operations and Sales Management and Principles of Insurance Production
Active member and past officer of CPCU Society (President Northern California Chapter, National Director) and is Past President of the Western Association of Insurance Brokers
Adjunct Professor, Golden Gate University – insurance and risk management course
Graduated with honors, UC Berkeley and served two years active duty in the US Army Intelligence Corps